Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas with the Palm Trees

Hello everybody!

Wow, this week certainly was a great week with Christmas and all.  It was great to be able to talk with my amazing family!

Barb and Dan!  We went over there on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and they were so excited to see us.  They work for a pinball machine company, and they have over 30 pinball machines in their back room.  They let us play for a little while (yes, I played on a Star Trek:  The Next Generation one).  Barb has completely changed her life.  She is starting not to cuss so much, Dan has cut back on his alcohol, and both are genuinely happier than they were before.  That's what the Gospel does.  It changes lives!  We plan on teaching the Restoration lesson this Thursday!  I'll tell you how it goes!  It will be really interesting because Dan has no religious background.  We're going to teach very plainly and simply.

Also, GOOD LUCK SYDNEY this Wednesday!  You'll be a fantastic missionary!  Send me an email/letter would ya???????

Christmas Eve was a real treat.  We went over to the Leonard's house.  They fed us a really great dinner (ham, corn chowder, rolls, green beans) and some really great desserts like cookies, popcorn balls, and fudge.  It really hit the spot..and the scale. ;)  We were honored to participate in their family's Nativity program that they put on.  I was a wise man, and Elder Gruwell was a shepherd.  We then listened to a narration of the Polar Express, and concluded the night with some Christmas hymns.  Truly a night to remember.

On Christmas, we had a few dinners, and I thought that I was going to DIE when I got home--seriously on a sugar high and my stomach couldn't take any more.  We had a hot chocolate bar (with every single hot chocolate condiment you could imagine) with the Furhiman's--a member family from our ward with two sons that are going on missions soon!  We had a great night and a great Christmas season.  

Today we are going to have a great day with Anthony and Katie.  They are taking us to Boomer's!  Basically like Trafalga.  We're going to play miniature golf and swing at the batting cages.  I'll take pictures!  It's gonna be a fun day.  

I love you all, and hope you all had a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and I hope you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love,
Elder Corey Harper





No comments:

Post a Comment