Monday, May 18, 2015

Hello!

Hello my amazing family and friends!

This week went pretty well!  It was a great week and we got a lot of good work done. 

So here is the update on Laura:  We got a voicemail from Laura on Wednesday and she told us that she's been through a lot and she was in the hospital.  We were super confused and we didn't get ahold of her until Thursday.  So last week, on Tuesday or so, Laura went to the doctor's office to get a checkup/physical done.  The doctor's noticed this abnormal "lump" by her collarbone, examined it, and told Laura that she needed to get to the emergency room immediately.  She had to get an emergency surgical procedure done to get the cyst or something removed.  I guess that when she went to the ER, the doctors told her that it was a lot worse than they anticipated, and that she was in danger of a heart attack because it infected one of her lymph nodes and got into her bloodstream.  She was put onto antibiotics, but then had to switch to other ones because the bacteria was immune.  Yeah, pretty scary...

But right now, she said that she's recovering well and she's glad that everything went OK.  In all honesty, it doesn't look to optimistic about the baptism on the 30th as of right now, but that's the least of my worries.  She'll get there. :)

We had quite an influx of new investigators this week as well.  One of the members of our ward brought his co-worker/friend to church named Elisabeth, and she loved it.  She's an active Catholic, and said that she liked how we applied the teachings from the scriptures to our day, rather than just studying the history of the scriptures.  We're working hard and I want to work hard to the very end!  I have learned so much on my mission, and I am anxious to apply these things to my life outside the mission field.

From my personal studies this morning  (3 Nephi 9:14,21)
14 "Yeah, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life.  Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."
21 "Behold, I have come unto the world to bring redemption unto the world, to save the world from sin."

The Book of Mormon is true!  Anyone who reads, ponders, and sincerely prays about the truthfulness of this sacred record will gain a knowledge of the truths contained therein.  Scriptures such as this from the Book of Mormon give me comfort and peace knowing that God's hand is over all things.

I love you all, and I hope your week goes great!

Love,
Elder Harper

P.S.  Here's a picture of me and my rabbit fascinations... :D
And also here's a picture of my district.





1 comment:

  1. Tracy Monney

    16 days! Hooray!
    So scary about Laura. Grateful he has the peace that everything will work out.
    Strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and Elder Harper is truly giving his all to the very end. Valiant missionary!
    Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week.

    Tracy $

    ReplyDelete