Monday, May 12, 2014

Slower week, but Mother's Day was great!

Hello everyone! (Again) :)

I hope you all had a great week!  It was great to call home yesterday for Mother's Day.  Not much more to say than I did yesterday, but it was such a blessing to be able to talk to you all.  I forgot to mention that Elder Agle actually applied to UCAS the same year I did, but he was way high on the waiting list and was unable to get in.  So yeah, small world! :)

We're super excited to go to the Los Angeles temple tomorrowmorning.  I'm going to go on FamilySearch and see if there is anybody who needs an endowment session done.  Probably not likely, but I'll check.  We were originally going to go on Friday, and I planned to ask if I could get a couple of names mailed to me this week, but it's not going to happen before tomorrow. ;)

So, we were knocking doors in the hot, windy weather, and we talked to somebody named Michelle on her doorstep.  We taught her a brief Restoration message and she seemed to enjoy it.  She asked us how we could possibly enjoy leaving our families for two years to go to a faraway place to talk to strangers.  We explained to her that we gain a lot more out of our missions than we could ever imagine.  I quoted the definition of a missionary:  Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others could be with their families for eternity.  She seemed to really appreciate that, and she said, "I'm glad that I came out to talk to you guys.  I learned a lot."  Hopefully something good comes from it, but even if nothing does, another seed has been planted.  

TRAVIN!  Since I heard that you are in charge of reading my emails to your family, I just wanna say that I'm so excited for you, and for your mission call coming up.  You probably feel a mix of emotions; excitement, nervousness, etc., and that's what's so fun about serving a mission.   When that call comes and you find out where the Lord wants you to serve, I encourage you to go on your knees that night and say a prayer to the Lord committing to Him that you will do your best to bring souls unto Him.  I definitely know that mission calls are inspired and that you will be called to where you are needed most.  Love ya Travinski!

As I said before, not much new to say.  I love you all so much, and I hope you have a great week!

Love, 
Elder Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment