Monday, April 7, 2014

General Conference Week!

Hello everybody!!!

Wow, what a great week it has been!  With General Conference on Saturday and Sunday, it really just topped it all off.  First things first, I am staying here in Santa Maria for another transfer, and my new companion is Elder Agle.  I've been in his zone before and he seemed pretty cool.

This past week seemed a little bit slower than the previous few, a lot of cancellations, but still great.  Now, with it being transfers, two new elders are coming into the same ward, and the area will be back to how it was before.  I'm super glad that I am staying here, this is a great ward.  That also means that I will be able to witness (hopefully) the baptism of Mario, and I will be able to attend the special stake conference on Easter when Elder Nelson is coming up!  I also heard that he is going to be staying afterwards for about an hour or so to shake hands and meet the members.  I will do EVERYTHING in my power to be able to get a picture with him.

General Conference was amazing!  I loved Elder Holland's talk and the powerful testimony he bore.  "I know that the priesthood keys have been restored to this Earth, and I am more confident of that, than I am that I am standing before you at this pulpit today, and that you are sitting before me today."  Wow!  We all met at the stake center and watched all the sessions.  Benito and Griselda saw the sessions on TV, and Benito came to the Priesthood Session as well!  We were so happy!    Mario also came and saw the Sunday Morning session at the stake center. 

Well, there's not a whole lot to say this week, and I'm running out of time, but I want to share with you a simple, yet cool experience we had yesterday.

We went tracting, and we were knocking on a door and a hispanic lady opened up.  We explained who we were and that we share a message about Jesus Christ.  She expressed that she was not interested and she said that she didn't believe in God.  We bore simple but powerful testimony that there IS a God out there who lives and loves all of us very much.  I told her to look around, and see His creations, and that it was all evidence that there IS a God.  Nothing much really came from it, but I felt confident that I was bearing testimony of the things that I knew to be true.  It was a great experience.

I love you all so much!  Thanks for all you do!

Elder Harper


P.S.  Grandma!  I tracted on Roper St.!




No comments:

Post a Comment